Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Vintage Soul @ {3:17} Vintage

Introducing...

Jill Paulson @ Vintage Soul 

 

 

What are 5 things people may not know about you?

1.  "I LOVE warm weather, the beach, the sun... so living in Minnesota can be 'trying'!"
2.  "I once won an essay contest where I got to run with the Olympic torch in Italy!" 
3.  "I was on stage with Sting and shared a microphone with him singing Message in a Bottle.  I like to sing karaoke... but this was a highlight of my life!"
4.  "I enjoy volunteering with local dog rescue groups"
5.  I took control of my life about 5 years ago and decided I couldn't be "unhealthy" anymore.  I started working out and have lost and kept off 65 lbs for for years now.  I still LOVE to eat... I grew up in Northern MN where food rules so, although no food is off limits for me... I just learned to enjoy less of it.  My favorite food is pizza and coconut cream pie is my favorite dessert.  Oh...and I LOVE Lutefisk!  I am Norwegian after all."
  
 How long have you been doing this?

"About 3 1/2 years now"

 How did you get into this?

 "After getting laid of from a corporate job... I needed to think outside the box and find a new job where I could be creative.  I love shopping and was starting to see "re-purposed" items more and more.  I took a class on painting to see if I liked it and... that's it... I was hooked"

 How would you best describe your style?

"Beachy, cottage, simple, clean"


Do you have any "go to" colors?

"Blue!  You know... the color of the ocean!"





Is there a favorite piece or transformation you've done? 

"My favorite transformations are the ones where I can use reclaimed barnwood and build a beautiful new top for a piece that would have otherwise been thrown away.  Whether it be for a dresser, accent tables, or pieces that just need a little 'love'... my go to person is my husband who owns his own business ( www.heritagemantelsmn.com ).  He does all the things I can't do or don't want to do like using a saw, reinforcing pieces, etc... "




Where can people find you? 

www.facebook.com/shopvintagesoul

www.heritagemantelsmn.com

{3:17} Vintage Furniture & Home Decor (Afton, MN)

www.facebook.com/317vintage

And... just for fun... What's the first word that pops into your head? 

"Beach!  (because it -5 degrees right now) but my other word would be 'grateful.'  I am thankful to be a part of {3:17} and for all the customers who have liked what I do and have supported me along my journey."
 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment