Sunday, January 4, 2015

Elk Heart Design @ {3:17} Vintage

Introducing...
Heather Schuck @ Elk Heart Designs



Tell us a little about yourself...

"I live in St. Mary's Point (along the St. Croix River) with my partner of 15 years, Dustin, and our cute dog Arlo.  I have a degree in Interior Design and have always loved creating spaces that make people feel good.  I spend my 9-5's during the week as a visual merchandiser for designer showrooms but my weekends are spent searching for those special objects of the past and creating new items from the old!"



How did you get into this?

"I got my degree in Interior design in 2003 and I have kind of been building Elk Heart Design ever since."

How would you best describe your style?

"I'd say my style is shabby bohemian.  I Like objects of nature, rustic, feathers, rags, but in light, sort colors and mixing hard & soft textures. You can find a variety of items in my shops from a vintage cast iron shoe forms to handmade funky pillows."






Do you have any "go to" colors?

"My colors last year were a little more bright and eye catching, but for 2015... I’m going back to my personal likes of whites, grays, & creams."
What's one thing that you are probably best known for?
"I remodeled a 1965 vintage camper into a traveling boutique which I use during the summers to tour the Midwest selling at flea markets, fairs, and events.  People just love the vintage camper... I think it brings back memories for the old and wishes for the young!"

Where else can people find you?
{3:17} Vintage Furniture & Home Décor (Afton, MN)
Funktion Junktion

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. modern sofas leather

    ReplyDelete